There are allegations now going round about a stitch-up over the National Diversity Award, for LGBT Role Model, if this is the case it would appalling by anyone’s standards. Sarah has achieved a great deal for trans people since being elected city councillor in Cambridge; she was the only elected openly trans politician in the UK for the time she was there.
- Did Sarah Brown receive more nominations than any nominee who was shortlisted?
- What procedures are used to decide who is shortlisted and who receives the award?
- Have there been any people voting against particular nominees, and if so how were negative nominations dealt with? Did NDA receive any correspondence regarding any nomination that could potentially be regarded as defamatory?
- What procedures does NDA have for ensuring that some people do not vote many times for the same nominees?
- What is the NDA's policy on nominations of people who have been accused of holding anti-diversity attitudes in other areas?
NDA the ball is in your court...